Sunday, March 24, 2013

Eyeliner

After this will be a review of some sorts of all the eyeliners in my current make-up collection.
----------

from top to bottom
Allegre Colors 
Nichido Mineral Kohl Pencil: Onyx
Nichido Eye Contour Pencil: 01 Blackest Black
Nyx Retractable eyeliner 01 White
L’oreal Super Liner Carbon Gloss: Carbon Black
Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner: Blackest Black
Maybelline EyeStudio: Charcoal Carbon


These 4 are the pencil liners (Allegre, Nichido Kohl, Nichido Eyecountour and Nyx) before and after I wiped with wetones. 
Allegre Colors: Black
Longevity
For longevity, Allegre scores really low for this. It easily melts when I use it, especially near the waterline. It melts after an hour or 2 during normal days in Philippine weather.
Ease of application
Yes, the Allegre one is creamy. You can easily twist the body to lengthen the liner that’s exposed but I think it’s too creamy and at some point this liner of mine broke.
Price
This was 125 pesos and I really do not think it is worth it. I got it from this magazine catalogue of my mom’s officemate and mom insisted I buy even at least 1 item to help her officemate so I did.
Nichido Mineral Kohl Pencil: Onyx & Nichido Eye Contour Pencil: 01 Blackest Black  
Longevity
These 2 last really long for me! I spent an entire school day wearing each and the wing that I made only melted after 3 hours, but the rest stayed intact.
Ease of application
The liner is very creamy and this liner’s really dark. It’s pretty good!
Price
The Kohl one is P138 pesos and definitely worth it compared to the Allegre! The Eyecontour one is only P80! Definitely worth it, PLUS it contributes to local makeup brands! J
Nyx Retractable eyeliner 01 White
Longevity
The Nyx retractable eyeliner is VERY good. Yes the point doesn’t stay pointy after several uses, but it stays on a long time. I can only take it off once I’ve scrubbed it off using wet tissue.
Ease of application
It’s creamy and easily applicable. The body easily twists to lengthen the liner.
Price
I got this for only $6.50 and I honestly think it is WORTH it~
----------


Before and after I wiped with wet ones.
Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner: Blackest Black
Longevity
This actually stays long! In the above photo, I put more pressure in wiping the liners off with a wet tissue, so the Revlon liner got erased but this liner lasts for hours even in normal hot Philippine weather. My liner wings tend to melt off though after a long time.
Ease of application
I have to say I’m not fond of liquid liners like this coz at some point the brush gets stuck and you hafta really pull it out and it’s a bit of a hassle. Like all liners, you have to constantly get more liner after it runs out on the brush. (I honestly prefer the L’oreal one, which is next)
Price
I don’t remember exactly how much this is so I can’t say if it’s worth it or not. Sorry!
L’oreal Super Liner Carbon Gloss: Carbon Black
Longevity
I love using this one since it lasts a long while. But as usual, the wing part of my liner looks always tends to get erased as the hours pass.
Ease of application
The felt tip of this one grabs more liiqud liner so I don’t always have to go get more from the tube. The felt tip also helps making more detailed liner looks and it doesn’t mess up wing liner looks!
Price
I don’t remember exactly how much this was but I think around 500-600 pesos for this one. Definitely worth it, and so far the best liquid liner I’ve had.
Maybelline EyeStudio: Charcoal Carbon
Longevity
The one that didn’t disappear? Maybelline Eyestudio. I love using it for everyday coz it barely melts even after I’ve ran from one building to another in school. It isn’t as bold and black as the liquid liners so it gives more natural looks.
Ease of application
With this small bottle comes a small eyeliner brush and the cream easily applies onto eyes.
Price
Totally worth the $10!!! Well. Plus tax. 




No comments:

Post a Comment