Friday, March 22, 2013

Blush-On


After this will be a review of some sorts of all the blush-ons in my current make-up collection.
----------
Starting from the left:
Maybelline 100 Mocha Velvet
Revlon Powder Blush 060 Wine With Everything

Revlon ColorStay 020 Petal
Etude House #2 Strawberry Choux
----------

These 4 blushes give very subtle effects and will be as shown on the pictures that will follow, taken with and without a flash.
From top to bottom: Etude, Revlon Colorstay, Revlon Powder Blush, Maybelline
Maybelline 100 Mocha Velvet
Shade
Well! The one I like using the most would be the Maybelline one. The shade looks much more natural and it easily colors.
Applicator
I am not too fond of the applicator though. The brush feels too artificial and harsh on my skin compared to my brushes, but the blush easily clings onto it and apply onto skin. With the applicator that came with it, it took me 2 swipes to get the color above. For my everyday looks, I put on 4 swipes on each cheek.
Price
I cannot really say anything about the price of this one since I was able to get this from my aunt’s annual “Xmas Padala: Get what you want” box. But it probably doesn’t cost too much and hopefully is worth the money.
Revlon Powder Blush 060 Wine With Everything
Shade
The Revlon Wine With Everything is actually so light that it took me 6 strokes to get the color above. I rarely use it since it doesn't color too well.
Applicator
The applicator is—decent but I am not sure if the color clings onto the bristles at all.
Price
I only got this from my mother but I must say I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SHADE. I cannot vouch for the results of this brand in other shades but for this one, it really probably isn’t worth it since it barely colors, despite the fact I am PALE.
Revlon ColorStay 020 Petal
Shade
The Revlon ColorStay does okay, took me 3 swipes to get the color above. The powder also tends to get—scattered whenever I use this. The powder here’s a lot looser and it doesn’t color as much as I hope it would.
Applicator
I am not fond of the applicator. The brush is exceedingly tiny. The bristles are a bit hard (but not as hard as the Maybelline one) but feels less synthetic-y. The powder doesn’t cling onto the applicator at all.
Price
I don’t think this shade is worth it. I bought this for around 600-700 pesos yet this doesn’t color so much. When I didn’t have my Maybelline one, I used to wear this but it takes me 10 strokes per cheek.
Etude House #2 Strawberry Choux
Shade
The Etude one is adorable! It took me 2 swipes to get the very baby pink color from above. The powder isn’t too loose and it clings to my Suesh brush and easily applies and colors.
Applicator
I don't want to use the applicator coz it's too adorable >.< So sorry I cannot give a review on how good the applicator is
Price
I definitely recommend this one! I do not remember how much it was but it’s found in the Etude website and it’s cheap! Definitely worth it because adorable packaging and good quality make-up!



No comments:

Post a Comment