Saturday, March 23, 2013

Eyeshadow


After this will be a review of some sorts of all the eyeshadow palettes in my current make-up collection.
----------
Avon Sandy Colors Quad
Estee Lauder 9-color palette
Prestige Cosmetics 3-color palette
Dollface 88-color palette
Urban Decay Naked Palette
----------

Urban Decay: Naked Palette

colors from left to right of palette, top to bottom of arm
Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half-baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal.
Packaging & Shades
This palette is GORGEOUS. I love the chocolate-colored velvet cover. With the palette itself came a brush and an eye primer. All the colors are lovely. All of the shades easily color and you can easily make naked to smokey looks. With one dip of a brush, the powder easily clings to any brush you use and easily apply.
Applicator
As I said, an eyeshadow brush came with this palette. The bristles feel a bit hard and synthetic-y but it serves its purpose well. The colors easily cling onto the brush and it easily applies onto the eyes.
Price
Urban Decay’s a bit more expensive than the things I usually go for but I honestly think it’s worth it. This is the best palette in my collection so far and definitely worth the 50-60 dollars I got ‘em for.
----------
Prestige Cosmetics Color Creation Eyeshadow & Line Creator Kit

Packaging and Shades
The colors are lovely and highly pigmented but I barely use this trio. Colors can be easily applied! The palette has a small mirror inside and it focuses on the eyes so it’s useful!
Applicator
With it came a small eyeline creator. It does well in creating the colored liner effect.
Price
I cannot give the price of this one since it was only a gift to me.
---------- 
Avon Sandy Corals Quad
 
colors from top to bottom of arm
Chocolate Suede, Pearly Peach, Sandy Copper, and Vanilla
Shades
The Vanilla shade’s very very close to my skin tone so I almost always use it as base or highlighter depending on the look. The 2 other medium shades are very glittery. The chocolate suede shade, based form experience, is so dark so I have to take care with how much I put on and with how I blend the shade. All the colors are highly pigmented! I’ve been using it for a long time and I still haven’t run out!
Applicator
I am not fond of the usual tiny typical eyeshadow applicator that you see in the picture above. The narrower part though is what I sometimes use when I make a mistake and I need to edit a little flick so it comes in handy, and the color easily gathers onto the applicator and easily gets off when applied, but it feels a bit rough and dry on the skin when I use it.
Price
I actually do not remember how much this was worth and I don’t even remember getting this but I suppose this came from mom.
----------
Estee Lauder Signature Eyeshadow 9-color palette

 
colors from top to bottom
Sand 1, Smoky Pink 4, Arctic Night 1, Sand 3, Smoky Pink 2, Arctic Night 3, Berry Quartz 2, Blue Smoke 1, Arctic Night 4
Shades
This palette was my first one and I loved using Smoky Pink 2. All the colors easily color but the Sand 1 color would require you to wet your brush before you can see good results. Sand 1 applied with a dry brush would be barely seen. The rest of the shades are highly pigmented.
Applicator
As I mentioned with the other palettes, I hate the typical tiny eyeshadow applicator. When I use it, however, it does a good job of gathering the powder onto the applicator and applying on skin. One thing I noticed is that it tends to leave a lot of powder onto the applicator, though.
Price
I cannot give the price of this one since this was a gift from my aunt to my mom who, in turn, gave it to me. It came as an Estee Lauder set with a pink velvet square pouch with 2-pockets. Inside was a 250mL make-up remover, this palette, Double Wear mascara, Double Wear concealer (that was 2 shades darker than me), and Double Wear black eyeliner. This was probably expensive @-)
----------
Dollface 88 colors
Shades
All the colors are exceedingly lovely, especially the nude ones since I tend to use neutral shades all the time. I love the variety of flesh shades here. What I noticed about the lighter colors (especially the white) is that they don’t pigment as much as the bright colors do. The brown colors also tend to differ in color when you apply different layers and they’re a bit hard to blend. The 3 silvers in the right-most column also tend to lose the glittery-ness when applied.
Applicator
I’ve never used the 2 typical eyeshadow applicators that come with this one so I cannot describe the quality.
Price
I have no idea how much this is since my sister got this (but I have a feeling it’s less than P1000). Honestly, I think it’s worth it. Yes, the quality isn’t THAT good but it’s good enough for me J




No comments:

Post a Comment