Sunday, April 20, 2014

Makeup Adventures March-April '14

FINALLY! Summer vacation and as usual, I've been slowly draining my wallet of money.

I'd been initially planning a room makeover but um considering my slowly thinning wallet I'll probably not push through with that anymore. I did fix my room! Fixed my dresser and majority of my closet. (Speaking of my closet I need cotton shirts and shorts since my closet consists of 90% polyester prolly thanks Forever21.)

Anyway so I managed to buy the following :)

(I will be updating my masterposts of lipsticks and foundations too, btw!)






Revlon Colorstay 150 Buff Chamois

I was breaking out using my L'oreal True Match and also my L'oreal Lucent Magique and I want to give this one a try

The picture above doesn't completely capture the color of the foundation properly. It looks much more fleshy in the photo but irl, it's really really pale and I was shocked that I got that shade when the salesgirl matched me to it but it blended and matched my skintone fine.
(Gods, I'm that pale.)

Location and Price
I got this in Wellworth in Fairview Terraces for P825.00. It's available in all Watsons, and other Department stores.

Packaging
The packaging is simple and this one is a lot lighter compared to the cream version of the Colorstay.

Formula, Coverage, Blending
The formula feels lighter than the cream Colorstay. As shown in the pictures below, the small amount can give light coverage for that side of my hand. It can be built up to medium and possibly heavy coverage, and can be easily blended.

Finish and Wearing Time
 I am still unsure of the wearing time since I haven't tried it out but I will update it in the Masterposts. Finish is dewy.





For the lipsticks, here are the swatches and I'll start from left to right.


Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter 095 Creme Brulee

When I bought the Revlon foundation and the Revlon Lacquer Balm (the next item), I got this for free!
Original price is at P525.00 and available in Watsons, and Department Stores.
I have the Pink Colorburst and the formula is the same, giving a very sheer nude color and it takes a lot of swipes to get a distinct color on the lips. Finish is shimmery.


Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm 105 Demure (Reservee)

Bought at P575.00 in Wellworth, but also available in Watsons and Department Stores.
Very creamy formula, giving a nice nude-pink color perfect for everyday and takes a couple of swipes to get decent color (it's a bit too close to my lip color so I need to swipe a lot to have a distinct color). Finish is also glossy/shimmery.


Collection 2000 Color Pout Lasting Lip Stain
in 2 Kiss
in 5 Pout

Bought at The Ramp Crossings Collection 2000 stand. Available in other The Ramp outlets and Landmark.
I neglected to note how much they were.
Lip stains in a nude pink and cherry red. Still unsure how long it will last since I haven't used it yet.


MAC Lipstick A43 Angel

I was out looking for the Creme de Nude however the Landmark branch of MAC didn't carry it and the salelady said it was only available in the US but I'll look out for it in other branches.

Bought at P1000.00 at Landmark MAC branch.
Creamy formula, like the L'oreal nude lipstick I recently purchased.
Staying power is strong, around 5-6 hours.
Frost finish, as said on the lipstick. I wear it often and to see how it looks like when worn, picture is below. In better lighting, the shade is a brighter pink, almost bordering barbie pink.
As usual, my lips dry a bit after using lipstick so the top layer peels.


No comments:

Post a Comment