Sunday, April 6, 2014

Freshlook Colorblends Brilliant Blue

Sadly, something bad happened to my contacts.
My nails were growing too long and I completely forgot that my contacts are fragile so when I pinched to take the contacts off, I kind of creased the center and I tried rubbing it to make sure it wasn't dirt and then I kind of ripped it in half.
Lesson learned: cut my nails especially when I have to wear contacts.

So I dropped by Ideal Optical Saturday afternoon, ordered a pair of Freshlook Colorblends contacts in Brilliant Blue in the grade of -5.50 for my right and -6.00 for my left, and I managed to pick the pair up Sunday lunch time.




Same price, P1195 on its own without a contacts container and good thing I was able to buy a case in Landmark the other day for P40.00.

I tried taking a picture with my Photobooth but the lighting was so inadequate and was unable to capture the color properly.


So I took photos with my iPhone 5C front camera. And I apologize for how sabaw I look and haggard.



So compared with the True Sapphire, True Sapphire was like a darker shade of blue and the part closer to the center has bits of brown, while the Brilliant Blue (if you scroll up above in my pictures of the contacts) has a bright blue center. 

So I decided to wear the two for comparison.
(I'm sorry I look so deranged and cray-cray in the photos but I had to widen my eyes so that you guys can see since my eyes are really small and they disappear when I smile)

The right eye is the Brilliant Blue.
The left eye is the True Sapphire.



I am so sorry I look cray-cray. 

So! Evidently Brilliant Blue looks-- erm, well, a more brilliant blue compared to True Sapphire. Both contacts perform the same, as usual.
Freshlook contacts are comfortable the first few wears but I noticed that as time passes, the performance of Freshlook is nearly the same as Flex Wear. 
I can't wear contacts, of any brand, past 5 hours without feeling that my eyes are growing tired. My eyes dry up in Freshlook after 2-3 hours (though my eyes are actually drier than average according to my ophthalmologist due to computer usage) so I have to have my drops on hand.
I wear my contacts nearly the whole day and there was a time I'd been wearing my contacts for 12 hours and I had to take it off by the 10th hour to rest my eyes, and my eyes were growing red by that time.  

I've noticed that my eyes dry faster with Freshlook compared to Flex Wear, but Freshlook's colors pop more compared to Flex Wear. I would love to switch back to Flex Wear so I don't have to spend so much (for P1200, Flex Wear sells contacts that last a year, whereas Freshlook only lasts for 3 months) but Flex Wear's colors are too natural for me. I am aware there are Flex Wear contacts with the more vivid colors and they even have those doll eye lenses that I like so much but sadly, they don't carry my grade range.



2 comments:

  1. You're beautiful. Thank you babe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this!!! It was exactly what I was wondering since they look the same on their website. You're darling BTW

    ReplyDelete