Thursday, December 5, 2013

Make-up adventures for Oct to Nov '13


I haven't been able to buy a lot of make-up related stuff the past months :)) But I couldn't help post especially about the mascara.




SMOKY EYESHADOWS by H&M
I got this palette from my cousin who went on a trip to HK and Australia. 
The palette is in Smoky Brown. The shades don't have any particular names. When applied, it's actually really hard to make the colors evident. I used the eyeshadow brush from the Naked palette and swiped 3 times on my arm. Honestly, the picture makes the colors more pigmented. Irl, it's really really light.






ELF Contouring Blush & Bronzer
I think this palette's in Warm. It cost P250 in SM department store.  I loved using the shades for my makeup now. 


When blended properly, the bronzer doesn't look awkward. One thing I noticed about the product though is that I get reeeeally oily when I put it on for a long time. The shades fade about 2-3 hours into wearing in normal Philippine weather. So aside from it not lasting, it made me have a breakout. I got tons of pimples especially at the sides of my face. I normally don't get pimples on cheeks but when I applied this I had pimples on BOTH sides. So um I don't really recommend this product.



Foundation brush from Landmark
I am actually not sure if it's called a foundation brush or a stippling brush but these brushes from Landmark are really cheap and really really good quality. This one's P150. 



Kabuki Brush
It's also from Landmark and it's P140. I like the quality of the stippling brush and the angled foundation brush compared to this one though. The bristles feel stiffer.





Maybelline Rocket Volum Express
This one normally cost P400 but I got it during the Watson's sale for P280!!!

Okay I'm excited about this because of the length ohmygod. The Maybelline falsies waterproof ones I got are nice yes, but are not lengthening. The Max Factor ones I love yes because the formula creates smoother looks than Maybelline. The Clump Free Max Factor one us still my favorite in terms of formula but in terms of defining and lengthening, this wins. 

Left side has 1 coat of mascara and the right is bare.
I tried from 2 different frontal cameras (my S2's and my iPhone's).







It's messier to apply this mascara compared to Max Factor but the lengthening effect of this one is just too awesome for me that I couldn't help but love the product. Maybe I'm overestimating the product for the moment but hey right now I'm loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment